Date & Time of procedure: __________________ at ___________________
Post-Op follow up in office: __________________
- Please arrive promptly 1/2 hour prior to your procedure at Holy Name Hospital
- Please arrive promptly 1 & 1/2 hours prior to your procedure at Hudson Crossing Surgery Center
- Please arrive promptly 1 hour prior to your procedure at Hackensack University Medical Center
You will need a ride to and from the hospital/surgery center. Please notify this office immediately if you have a latex or contrast dye allergy.
All blood thinning or platelet altering medications must be stopped seven days prior to procedure.
- Aspirin/Aspirin Products (Excedrin, Anacin & Bufferin)
- Aggrastat (Triofiban)
- Aggrenox (Dipyridamole)
- Coumadin (Warfarin)
- Doans (Magnesium Salicyate)
- Fiorinal (Butalbital)
- Lovenox (Enoxparin)
- Persantine (Dipyridamole)
- Plavix (Clopidogrel)
- Pletal (Cilostazol)
- Pradaxa (Dabigatran Etexilate)
- Trental (Pentoxifylline)
- Trillsate (Choline Magnesium Trisalicylate)
- Lovenox (enoxparin) must be stopped 24 hours before your procedure
- Ticilid (ticlopidine) must be stopped 2 weeks before your procedure
- Xarelto – under 65 years of age, stop 1-2 days before procedure; over 65 years of age, stop 3 days before your procedure
- Baby Asprin must be stopped 4 days before your procedure
*Please confirm this with your PCP/Cardiologist*
All anti-inflammatory medications must be stopped four days prior to procedure:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Baby Asprin)
- Anaprox (Naproxen, Sodium)
- Ansaid (Flurbiprofen)
- Arthrotec (Diclofenac, Misoprostol)
- Clinoril (Sulindac)
- Daypro (Oxaprozin)
- Dolobid (Diflunisal)
- Feldene (Piroxicam)
- Indocin (Indomethacin)
- Lodine (Etoclolac)
- Mobic (Meloxicam)
- Nalfon (Fenoprofen Calcium)
- Naprosyn (Naproxen)
- Orudis (Ketoprofen)
- Relafen (Nabumetone)
- Tolectin (Tolmatin Sodium)
- Toradol (Ketorolac)
- Voltaren (Diclofenac)
Please notify our office immediately if you are taking any of the previously mentioned medications, any herbal or vitamin supplements, any steroid medication or received any other treatment involving steroids.
IF YOUR ARE HAVING SEDATION/ANESTHESIA:
- Nothing to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your scheduled procedure time. You may take your regular medications such as pain medication, blood pressure or heart medication, with a sip of water. Diabetic patients may have 1/2 cup apple juice up to 2 hours before and dry toast up to 6 hours before procedure.
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- Please notify our office if you are receiving antibiotics or have an infection of any type.
- You will be advised if blood work is necessary before your procedure.
- Please be advised that any prior-authorization obtained from your primary insurance is not a guarantee of payment and will be subject to review once the claim is received by your insurance company.
- Please notify our office 24 hours in advance of any cancellations to avoid a cancellation fee.
- Please have someone take you to and from your procedure. Avoid driving for the remainder of the day.
- If your procedure is scheduled at Holy Name Hospital, you will need to bring a list of your current medications, insurance cards and identification.
- If your procedure is scheduled at Hudson Crossing Surgery Center, Pre Op Nurse will contact you prior to your procedure for medical history.
Holy Name Medical Center: 718 Teaneck Road . Teaneck, NJ . 201-833-3000 . 2nd floor
Hackensack Medical Center: 20 Prospect Ave . Hackensack, NJ . 551-996-3000 . 3rd floor
Hudson Crossing Surgery Center: 2 Executive Drive . Lee, NJ . 201-292-3100